Deadline to submit is January 13, 2023
BTVAR Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame Award honors men and women who have made a significant contribution to the community and the real estate industry.
- BTVAR REALTORS® who are semi-retired, retired, deceased or have been actively involved in the real estate industry for 30 years or more.
- BTVAR REALTORS® who have made significant contributions to the Association of REALTORS®.
- BTVAR REALTORS® who have made an impact in the community through community service.
BTVAR REALTOR® of the Year
REALTORS® of the Year are professionals who have made proven contributions to the
real estate industry through both personal and professional achievement and outstanding volunteerism. This individual is selected by a committee which is made of up of the 5 past most recent recipients of the award and is chaired by the longest serving member of the committee.
BTVAR 25 Year Award
Certificates will be awarded to members who have been REALTORS® for a minimum of 25 years. To receive the award, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a current REALTOR® member of BTVAR.
- Have been a REALTOR® member of BTVAR or BTVAR and one or more other
- Associations for 25 years as of December 31, 2014. (Years do not need to be consecutive). If you belonged to other Associations other than BTVAR within those 25 years, you must document that membership.
BTVAR Circle of Excellence
The purpose of this award is to recognize and encourage outstanding REALTOR members who have shown excellence in association involvement by promoting the REALTOR image and giving their time and efforts to further our profession.
To be awarded the Platinum, Gold or Silver Circle of Excellence Award, a REALTOR member must qualify in at least four out of the five categories listed in the application in addition to either the production or units for the award levels. Documentation must be provided for the five categories and MLS documentation provided for production and/or units.
**Please note: Production and units are based on one side of the transaction. To qualify for production, if you listed and sold a property, you receive full sold dollar amount. To qualify for units, if you have both sides of the transaction, you would have two units.
BTVAR Rookie of the Year
The purpose of this award is to encourage participation and professional development in the Bristol Tennessee/Virginia Association of REALTORS so that its members will be more active and better educated about our association and the real estate industry.
To be eligible, individuals must be:
- Licensed two years or less as of December 31 of the year which they are applying. The award is based on performance in the current calendar year. Applications are evaluated by the Awards Committee.
- A letter of recommendation must be supplied from the applications Broker and any additional recommendations must be in the calendar year.
- MLS documentation must be provided for transactions.
- Documentation must be provided for education.
BTVAR Community Partner Award
The BTVAR Community Partner Award recognizes those REALTORS® who made exceptional contributions to improving the quality of life in their communities in the year 2021. This Award shows the community the positive difference REALTORS® make and inspire others to do the same. Whether it’s fundraising for a charity, being a foster parent, coaching sports teams or volunteering time and resources to another community group, BTVAR wants to acknowledge the efforts of our REALTORS®.
- Nominees must be members of BTVAR in good standing.
- Nominees should have contributed to a program that improves the livability of the community. Those activities aren’t limited to real estate or housing issues, and may include such things as crime prevention, youth mentoring, homelessness prevention, fundraising for charities, etc.
- Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials or other resources will be considered.
- Nominees will be considered on their level of personal contribution, impact of personal contribution, broadness of impact, and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not Association- or company-wide efforts. If the achievements of two or more people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a team and their entry will be considered as one.
- The nominee’s community work must have taken place since January 2021 but ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment will also be considered.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a completed entry form to be considered (REALTORS® may nominate themselves, or may be nominated by another BTVAR member, or the community organization they served).
*all information is confidential and will be viewed only by members of the Awards Committee.